Location: Cambridge, MA, USA
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for:
* Software component implementation supporting the deployment of a global blockchain system supporting a high volume of transactions.
* Prototyping and proof-of-concept experiments to prove out design decisions.
* Software testing at all levels (unit, module, component, system).
* Data analysis and visualization to test hypotheses related to system behavior.
* Working collaboratively with a cross-discipline team in a fast-paced, agile environment.
About the Team
Akamai Labs is expanding its team with a mission to strategically apply blockchain technology to business requirements for a highly available, high throughput, highly secure transaction system.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 2 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree or
* relevant experience and a Master’s degree
* 1+ years experience with 1 or more of the following languages—C/C++, Java, Python.
* 1+ years experience with relational and/or NoSQL databases.
* 1+ years experience working on Linux/Unix platforms.
* 1+ years experience designing, implementing and deploying a blockchain, cryptocurrency or something similar.
* Experience modifying and extending the Bitcoin core or related codebase.
* Contribution to open source cryptocurrency projects.
* C/C++ experience.
* Expertise in cryptography, especially the mathematics behind cryptocurrency.
* Experience in banking and financial transactions.
* Site reliability engineering and/or related work including service performance.
* Experience building scalable servers or distributed systems.
* Proven track record of delivering large amounts of high quality, complex code.
* Highly responsible, self-disciplined, self-managed, self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision.
* Extensive experience working on multiple projects at a time in a fast paced, results oriented environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.