Please note, all positions at Binance require relevant experience. Applications without required experience will not be considered.
Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money for people around the world.
Are you looking to be a part of one of the most influential companies in the blockchain industry and contribute to the cryptocurrency revolution that is changing the world?
We are looking to hire a locally based Compliance Manager who would ideally, has already been approved by the regulators or has the qualities and qualifications to be approved for this role.
This person will work alongside our global Legal and Compliance teams to ensure Binance has a strong regulatory framework from both the fiat and crypto sides of the business.
- Developing and implementing an effective AML compliance program;
- Development and management of Binance UK’s 5MLD-compliant policies and processes;
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with the provisions of the AML Regulations, upcoming Virtual Currency Policy and any other applicable rules and regulations in fulfilling his/her duties as the Compliance Manager;
- Holding the post of MLRO of the company, performing STR/SAR filing and various other regulatory reporting;
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all compliance policies and manuals as needed, including Anti-Money Laundering regulations, FCA regulations and issues, and to notify company of any regulatory changes;
- Responsible for monitoring the day-to-day operation of AML/CFT policies, and respond promptly to any reasonable request for information made by the regulators or law enforcement bodies;
- Responsible for all the AML reporting requirements and to operate within the required standards of the SARs and for Annual Compliance Reporting;
- Ensuring that all company activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and laws;
- Acting as a central point of contact for all information on compliance-related issues (e.g. breach of regulation, non-respect of procedures, conflict of interest);
- Proactively audit processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses, and creating sound internal controls to monitor adherence to same.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law/Compliance or a related field from an accredited institution (possessing ACAMS/ICA Diploma is an advantage);
- Proven experience and knowledge in Anti-Money Laundering regulations,
- Proven industry experience in the fin-tech sector;
- 5+ years in a senior legal and managerial role; international management experience a strong plus;
- Strong knowledge of European and UK AML legislation, virtual currency regulations, data protection and other relevant regulation;
- Good knowledge of national and international AML/CFT legislation, including FATF Recommendations and virtual currency regulations, along with 5MLD;
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to provide useful and efficient counsel;
- Excellent communication, negotiation & management skills.
- Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and the no.1 company in the industry
- Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
- International work environment and flat organisation
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
- Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, Casual work attire