Location: Bellevue, Wa, Usa
Boeing Digital Common Services is looking for a Kafka/Blockchain Operations personnel based out of, Bellevue and Kent, WA.
• Performs product and component management to ensure technical viability and cost-effectiveness from the point where it is evaluated through implementation and support, to retirement.
• Uses technical expertise to help business partners and others by answering technical questions regarding the usage, trouble-shooting and functionality of delivery systems products to ensure effective implementation and usage of delivery system products.
• Applies knowledge of computing systems to choose appropriate troubleshooting techniques to resolve complex, escalated delivery systems problems.
• Works with appropriate product supplier for enhancements and issues not resolved in-house.
• Chooses appropriate computing products and methods to ensure requirements are met for security, problem management, capacity/performance management and operational management.
• Documents resolutions/analyses according to support procedures.
• Develops and Improves automation and monitoring tools for the platform.
• Supports and drives technology insertion, platform maintenance and operations support.
• Maintain and support Kafka and Blockchain infrastructure and topics/ chains deployed onto the service environment.
• Split Focus on Kafka and Blockchain Operations
Variable Shift (if Applicable)
This is a Day shift, Operations role must be willing to work off hours, including weekends and overtime as the production support system requires.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
• This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R.
• 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a business or technical field
• 3+ years’ experience with 24x7 operations and support process
• 3+ years’ experience in leading activities across multiple functions and outside organizations to maintain operational efficiency in support of production operations
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
• Experience with CAP and what you pick CA or AP when working with topics.
• Experience with Clustered environments/ distributed computing.
• Experience with Operations support of Kakfa and or Blockchain
• Experience with Distributed legers
• Linux Administration
• Network Layers
• Certificates / Security
• Apache Kafka
• Elastic Search
• Control Center
• Spark SQL
• Mirror Marker
• Rest Proxy
• Schema Registry
• Kafka Streams
• Kafka Connect
• Java 8
• Producer / Consumer API as they will need to understand consumer lag, throughput, buffering, etc…. That is DEV ops responsibility to support and make sure the proper configurations are set so the cluster is not brought down.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience, 9 years' related work experience, etc.).
Bellevue Washington United States